Pages

Sunday 28 August 2011

The E-Beam

One of the things that I was most taken with at Conference was the fact teachers in the classroom were making use of technology. Things like cell phones, camera's, mxit, interactive whiteboards, Skype and so much more.

It was at this point that I realised what I always knew was missing. The use of technology shouldn't be limited to once a week for an hour at "Computer Class" but, because the learners are so digitally wired, the way that we can engage them and make learning enjoyable for them, is allowing them to be active participants in their lessons.

On coming back to school, I shared with our Head and Board why I was so excited about everything that I had learnt and the technology that I had seen at work. I organised an E-Beam demo with the teachers and later with the parents. I think I would be correct in saying that those present were as excited as I was by the end of the demo!


The E-Beam

The upshot of this is that:
  • We will have 2 E-Beams fully installed in each of the Phase Head classrooms. The other classes may "book" those rooms if they would like to use it until we can put one in each class
  • Our training takes place in a month's time
  • The Headmistress and the HOD of each Phase are all attending the EdTech Conference, overwhelming evidence of their commitment to change the way of teaching and of learning.

We are committed to education and are working together to create an enviroment where learning is interactive, engaging and fun!

It's the beginning of a wonderful time of learning for all of us: Teachers and Students!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your ideas and thoughts